How do you make your home from home a more comfortable? With the various types of camping equipment on the market you can turn your tent or caravan into a palace, no need to miss out on your little luxuries.
Camping Equipment – Top 10
Here is our list of the most important pieces of camping equipment you can just throw into a trailer or the boot of the car.
- A fire extinguisher – One of the top pieces of safety camping equipment. If you have a fire extinguisher at home, take it with you on your camping holiday as there is no point leaving it at home. If you don’t have one at home buy one, they’re not that expensive.
- Suitable sleeping bag – Make sure your sleeping bag is the correct rating for the weather conditions. To be on the safe side remember that it is better to be too warm that too cold when camping outside.
- Camping tables – Choose a good quality sturdy folding table. A good quality camping table can be used for eating, washing the dishes on or playing games.
- Camping kettle – A good kettle is a key piece of camping equipment, there is nothing better than a nice cup of tea or coffee.
- Camp bed – obvious but very uncomfortable if you forget it. Available in either blow up or folding no tent should be without this very comfortable piece of camping equipment.
- Camping lights – there is nothing worse than trying to read a book with a torch or footering about at night looking for the toilet. Buy camping lights which double up as lanterns as makes things a lot easier.
- Camping toilet – this is never at the top of people lists but no matter how close the camp toilets are they’re never close enough at night or when it is raining. Weigh this one up for yourself but it certainly goes in my must have pieces of camping equipment.
- Camping stoves – this is another piece of camping equipment which needs more thought than you would usually expect. The size of stove depends on how much you intend to actually cook inside. Some people would rather just barbecue everything, get take aways or just eat out.
- Folding chairs – We all need somewhere to part our behinds to eat at the table or to sit and relax and just enjoy the fresh air.
- Camping trailer – there is no way you can get all this camping equipment into one car is there? Well if you want to make things easier, buy a camping trailer. I can guarantee one thing though, that after a couple of camping trips you’ll either need a bigger trailer or a bigger car!
We at Tents Camping would like to encourage you to add your lists of camping equipment which you could not do without. Use the comments section below.